It’s hard to find time to focus on your look and how it makes you feel, but changing your look up for fall can be easy. Just taking the time to make one or two changes can give you added confidence or just add a little variety to your everyday life. Here are some easy ways to mix it up as the weather turns cooler:
1. Try out a new haircut. This could be as simple as moving from straight bangs to sideswept bangs or as drastic as going from shoulder length to pixie. Regardless – it’s just hair, it grows back – try something new! If you spent a lot of time in the sun this summer, you may want to take at least half an inch off the ends – they tend to get fried with lots of sun and chlorine.
2. Try a new color. Whether it’s lipstick or eyeshadow or blush, step out of the box a little. If you are not feeling overly adventurous, ask a consultant at one of the makeup counters at a department store what will look good on you. For example, I have fair skin with pink undertones, so peaches and pinks look great on me but maroons and burgandys look awful. A lot of this I’ve learned by trial and error, but if you want to skip all that, just ask a pro 🙂
3. Pamper your skin. Summer can involve lots of sun and dirt. Get a great new mask to clean the pores. Or, since as weather cools, the skin battles dryness, invest in a good lip scrub or heavy duty moisturizer.
4. Go more subtle with your hair color. Just about anything goes in the summer. But in the fall, with paler skin and more neutral clothing choices, toning it down a little looks more chic. I am NOT saying you hair needs to look boring. Just adjust for the season. For example, I’ll be having darker, richer slices added to my platinum.
5. Try a new perfume. Shift from the florals and lightness of summer scents to heartier, woodsier fall scents. The beauty of this one is you can smell them all before you buy. God bless testers!
6. This won’t cost you a dime. If you always wear your hair up, wear it down for a few days. If you always wear it down, wear it up for a few days. Just taking the time to learn to style it differently is a reminder to yourself that you are worth the effort!
Now get out there and do something to make yourself feel pretty!
Discover ways to enjoy fall in Omaha by visiting these great blogs in my local community!
Oh My! Omaha – Fall Foods in Omaha Restaurants
Yellow Mango Life – The best places for a fall run and fall fun runs in Omaha
Coolest Mommy’s Coolest Thoughts – Incorporating Fall into your family activities … making memories during Fall
Liv, Laugh, Love – Apple Jack Festival
The Walking Tourists – Vala’s Pumpkin Patch offers fun for all ages
Family Fun in Omaha – FREE Fall Family Activities in Omaha
Bolton Carley’s Blog – What’s your favorite season? quiz