Welcome to this edition of “You might be my soulmate if. . .” My friend encouraged me to participate in a singles event on Kelly’s Korner. I told some other friends and they were so excited, they will shame me to death if I don’t do it. So here goes . . .
- Never married
- Don’t smoke, social drinker
- No kids
- Grew up in Omaha, Neb. with my mom, one brother who I’m really close to, parents divorced when I was 7, still working on a relationship with my dad, my mom passed in 2006
- Work in PR, have a master’s degree
You might be my soulmate if. . .
- You consider pets family members not just animals
- You have a strange affection for 90’s pop culture
- You don’t mind a tiny bit of geeky (Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show, I’m a beauty blogger, and a grammar nerd)
- You consider yourself happy go lucky
- You are adventurous and like to try new things (if you eat at the same chain restaurants from home when you travel, probably not gonna work)
- You are thoughtful and like to show the person you love that you care about them and make them first priority
- You get excited about the small things in life
- You like tall gals
- You enjoy karaoke (or are least willing to go with me once in a while), Texas Hold ‘Em, golf, and charity races/walks (just getting into this, I’m down with having someone cheering on the sidelines too)
- Like to cook or be the guinea pig for my cooking
- Your common sense balances out my book smarts
- You can laugh at yourself and make me laugh
- You’ve ever seen any of the following in concert: Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw, Cake, Garth Brooks, Flogging Molly, Reel Big Fish
You might not be my soulmate if . . .
- You want someone to go fishing, hunting, or camping with (more power to ya if you want to do these things, I’m just not into it – ps I’m a vegetarian)
- You have not found anything in this post amusing at all
- You refuse to smile for pictures or dress up for Halloween
- You are annoyed by emotion (I’m emotional I can’t help it!)
- You are obssessively neat – I’m not a slob but I don’t really find making the bed a life or death issue
- You have a cat – personally I have no problem with cats, but my dogs see them as prey
- You smoke
- You are short (sorry it’s shallow, but true)
- You have a “type” ie you only date blondes, redheads, or brunettes – I will probably be all of the above at some point!
- Your future plans involve driving a minivan (kids maybe, minivan never! – ps the baby is my best friend’s – my “niece” Liv)
- You are super hairy